The KBRC ”Hot August Nights” contest is presented by:
Must be 21 or older to participate.
- Listen for the slot machine and dragster cue to call between 6am and 9am weekdays. If you are the 3rd caller you qualify. YOU CAN ALSO QUALIFY DURING KBRC REMOTE BROADCASTS. Your name will be then entered into the drawing to become qualified to attend the final drawing.
- Up to 100 names will be drawn from all registered names to qualify for the final drawing.
- You can only qualify once.
- In order to win the 4 days 3 nights trip to Reno (Airfare and accommodations only) qualifiers will be required to attend a drawing to be held at the Skagit Valley Casino. Qualifiers or your representative must be signed in prior to the starting of the drawing. All qualifiers will receive a reminder phone call or email the week leading up to the drawing (station is not responsible for incorrect or unserviceable phone numbers or email addresses).
- If qualifiers are unable to attend the drawing, a substitute may represent you. But, the station must be notified prior to the drawing. A substitute can only represent one person. If you or your representative is not present for the drawing, you are not eligible to win.
- There are no substitute prizes. Prize has no cash redemption value.
- A full set of KBRC contest rules are posted at the station and are posted here on the web site under the “contest” link.
9. Rules are subject to change and modification as necessary.
Daily Contests: (424-1430, 424-4278 and *1430 Verizon customers)
**KBRC Trivia – Mornings at 7:20a.
(El Gitano Certificates)
**”Classic Rock Trivia” – MONDAY at 7:50a.
**”Oldies Trivia” WEDNESDAY at 7:50a.
(Brought to you by ALL VALLEY GLASS)
**”Wins-Day”‘s (Wed.), 6a-9a.
“WINS-DAY” Prizes 3/12:
Prizes from Skagit River Brewery, El Gitano, Fidalgo Bay Coffee,
Sahara Pizza, Nikki’s Espresso and All Valley Glass!
PLUS…Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, 3/14 and 3/15 at
Skagit Valley Casino-Resort!
Instant Winner Thursday’s: (1-800-833-9211)
Starting at 9am, win CD’s and DVD’s spanning the classic hits universe.
3/13: Pat Benatar – “Icon” (CD)
GENERAL CONTEST RULES FOR KBRC
The following shall serve as a basis for determining winners of all games and contests that air on KBRC radio unless otherwise stated by individual contest rules and regulations. In the following, “win” refers to the receiving of any item without compensation.
1. Prizes won on KBRC are limited to one (1) per household per station within a 30-day period. Station employees and immediate families are not eligible to participate in station sponsored contests. Employee’s of businesses that sponsor station contests and promotions are not eligible to win any “grand prize” offers. Employees of other media companies are not eligible to participate in station sponsored contests. KBRC reserves the right to revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet the eligibility requirements.
2. Contestants must be eighteen (18) years or older unless otherwise announced.
3. Prizes are non transferable. Gift Certificates have no cash surrender value. Prizes may not be sold. If it is determined that a winner has “sold” a prize they had won, they are no longer eligible to participate in station contests.
4. NO SUBSTITUTION or other consideration will be offered instead of the stated prize. All items won must be claimed within seven (7) days of winning. Some prizes (tickets) may be time sensitive and a shorter time frame may be required to pick up prizes.
5. If prizes are not claimed within the stated period of time, the winner waves the right to the prize and the prize reverts to the possession of the stations. Continued failure to pick up prize will make winner ineligible to participate in future contests.
6. Winners are responsible for appropriate taxes and fees associated with the winning of ANY prize.
7. Proper photo ID is required to claim any prize. If the prize is cash of more than $100 in value, a social security identification, such as a social security card, passport, or paycheck stub, is ALSO required.
8. A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the IRS for every prize or accumulation of $600 or more. All local, state and federal taxes, license and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.
9. During any contest involving communication through the telephone lines, should a contestant be disconnected from the utilized phone line before the contestant’s correct name, phone number, and response are recorded; they will be instantly disqualified from the contest without compensation. The following sequential caller shall be given the opportunity to win. KAPS and KBRC is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system, which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning.
10. Winners may be required to sign a release. All winners agree to allow KBRC to use their name, voice and/or likeness, portrait, and biographical information for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming into the stations may be taped and may be aired on the station without further approval.
11. By winning any items from KBRC, the winner and the user of the item(s) releases KBRC from any responsibility to any incident related to the use of the item(s). Incidents include (but are not limited to) cancellation or alteration of event, expiration of item, bodily injury or death. KBRC assumes no liability for lost, stolen, or situations that may arise from any prize awarded in any contest.
12. All entries received by KBRC become the property of the stations and will not be returned. KBRC will not be responsible for a contestant’s failure to win any prizes due to entry box, phone, email, fax, or direct mail difficulties. Additional rules pertaining to other station contest(s) may not supersede these rules.
13. KBRC radio reserves the right to add, delete and/or alter rules at any time.
14. KBRC reserves the right to cancel any contest at any time.
15. Disputes regarding these rules will be settled by the GM of KBRC. All decisions are final.
16. By entering a contest, participants agree to abide by these rules.
Contest rules are available at:
KBRC 2029 Freeway Drive, Mount Vernon, WA 98273